City of Shelton- Going Green!
- Trash and Recycling Collection Guidelines
- Waste Collection Schedule
- Trash & Recycling Collection – Residential Street Schedule
- Trash & Recycling Collection – Condos, Mobile Home Parks & Housing Authority
- What Can I Recycle & Why?
- Where Can I Dispose of Oversized Items not Collected Curbside?
- Transfer Station – Residents Use
- Hazardous Waste Information
- Leaf Collection/Disposal
- City Ordinance #866 Garbage Trash Refuse*
*Addresses the requirements regarding Garbage, Trash and Refuse storage and collection.
Automated Collection of Trash & Single Stream Recycling
The City of Shelton has made tremendous gains in eliminating unsightly trash from our streets, increased efficiency and reduced waste disposal costs by implementing Automated Collection and Single Stream Recycling in the most environmentally sound method.
Residents are provided wheeled Carts (with hinged covers to prevent spillage or attract animals) which are collected by trucks equipped with mechanical arms for automated collection.
Brown Carts are for Trash, collected weekly and Blue Carts are for Recycling, which are collected bi-weekly.
Single-stream makes recycling easier than ever. You can put all of your recycling in one large CART.