Transfer Station Resident Use
866 River Road
Hours of operation:
Monday - Saturday 7:00AM - 1:30PM
Policy for Residents Use
Proof of Residency
One of the following is required:
- A valid Connecticut driver’s license (or such other Government I.D. with a Shelton Address)
- A current Shelton tax bill matched with a corresponding name and address on a photo ID
- A current utility bill matched with a corresponding name and address on a photo ID
All Vehicles must be unloaded manually.
No Waste generated from outside the City.(Commercial establishments are not accepted)
NO CHARGE TO RESIDENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
Residential Construction Debris/Bulky Waste
Sheetrock, siding, plumbing fixtures, furniture, wood and other demo material generated from renovation or other improvements of residential property to the residential unit occupied by them. If a building permit is required for the work being done, a copy must be presented.
Roofing Materials originating from a residential property occupied by the owner performing their own work. A copy of the permit is required.
Four Tires - no larger than passenger tires (not mounted) per residence per year. Truck tires are not accepted.
For all other items generated on residential property occupied by the owner or resident leasing an apartment that are accepted at the Transfer Station as allowed under the GENERAL PERMIT Issued to the City by the State of Connecticut D.E.E.P.
click here for a list of typical Items accepted at the Shelton Transfer Station
CONTRACTORS RULES AND FEES
CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS/BULKY WASTE:
(Sheet rock, siding, plumbing fixtures, furniture & wood, etc.)
- Contractors dumping Construction Debris for work performed for Shelton residents must show proof of a Shelton Building Permit.
- Contractors delivering Bulky Waste originating from a Shelton residence must provide name and address of the resident.
- Contractors must present tickets for fees to use the facility (schedule below) which MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE at the Highways & Bridges Department, 41 Myrtle Street, Ph# 203-924-9277.
- All vehicles must be unloaded manually.
- Waste from outside the City of Shelton and commercial establishments are not accepted.
- Roofing materials are not accepted from Contractors
THE FOLLOWING FEES WILL BE EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2011
- Van / Mini pick up $30.00
- Pickup Truck $45.00
- Trailer (up to 8') $45.00
- Trailer (8' - 12') $60.00
- Mason Dump $60.00
- Box Truck (up to 10') $60.00
- Box Truck (up to 16') $80.00
Rights to use the facility will be revoked for failure to comply with Shelton Waste Disposal Rules!