Waste Disposal & Recycling
Shelton Going Green!
- Why Recycle?
- Trash and Recycling Guidelines
- What Can I Recycle?
- Oversized Items not Collected Curbside
- Transfer Station - Resident Use
- Collection Schedule By Street
- Collection Schedule By Condos, Housng Authority, Mobile Parks
- Hazardous Waste Information
- Leaf Collection
- Ordinance #866 Garbage Trash Refuse addresses the requirements regarding Garbage, Trash and Refuse storage and collection.
Single Stream Recycling & Automated Pickup
The City of Shelton has made a tremendous effort to eliminate unsightly trash from our streets, increase efficiency and reduce waste disposal costs by implementing Automated Collection and Single Stream Recycling in the most environmentally sound method.
Residents have been provided with wheeled carts with hinged covers, to prevent spillage, attract animals or blow away which are collected by trucks equipped with mechanical arms for automated collection. Blue carts are for recycling which is picked up bi-weekly and brown for trash picked up weekly.
Single-stream makes recycling easier than ever. Now you can put all your recycling in one large toter bin. You can even recycle many items you couldn't recycle before.
What can you recycle in single-stream bins?
To view a list of recyclable items Click Here.
NOTE: Latex paint is non-hazardous - completely dried maybe diposed of with your trash