|Contact:||Doreen Laucella Acting Director|
|Location:||Shelton Senior Center|
|Address:||81 Wheeler Street|
|City, State, Zip:||Shelton, CT 06484|
|Hours:||9:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
To provide a wide range of services and informative programs for the registered members of the Senior Center and for any non-registered Shelton residents age 55 and older. We also provide social and recreational programs for our members.
Monthly Newsletter click, then enter zip code and Name of City
Transactions and Services
- Transportation for Shelton residents to the Center Monday thru Friday and also on Wednesdays, we provide a shopping bus to a local shopping center through Valley Transit
- Lunch Program
- Health Screenings
- Assistance with Benefit Programs, such as ConnPACE, Medicare, etc.
- Financial Programs
- Educational Programs including Computer Classes
- Health Insurance Programs
- Recreational Programs
- Fitness Programs
At what age are you eligible to join the Senior Center?
55 years of age and older.
How can I become a member?
You must come to the Center and complete our application. Membership renewals are due in January of each year.
How much are membership dues?
$4.00 for Shelton residents
$7.00 for Ansonia, Derby and Seymour residents
$10.00 for people residing outside of Shelton and the Valley towns
Do you have transportation?
Yes, we do for Shelton residents through Valley Transit. We provide door to door rides to the center.
- Commissioner's Meeting: Every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 4:00PM
- Membership Business Meetings: Every 2nd Friday of the month at 10:30AM
- Also, the City of Shelton has a Commission on Aging.