|Department:||Parks and Recreation|
|Contact:||Ronald Herrick Jr.|
|Address:||41 Church Street|
|City, State, Zip:||Shelton, CT 06484|
Monday - Friday
6:30am - 9:30pm
7:30am - 3:15pm
Shelton Adult Softball Leagues Forming
The Shelton Parks and Recreation Department has a limited number of openings
in their Adult Women's Softball League for the 2011 summer season. The league entry fee is approximately $200. For information concerning
eligibility requirements, please call the Parks and Recreation office at 203-925-8422.
When schools are closed due to inclement weather all recreational activities scheduled in school facilities will be cancelled for that day/evening. If in doubt, call the cancellation hotline at:
The mission for the Parks and Recreation Department is to continue to provide comprehensive recreation programs and areas for residents of all ages.
The Parks and Recreation department organizes and runs year round sports programs and leagues, a summer playground program, along with a year round swimming program and a variety of activities at the Shelton Community Center. They also have several areas that are used for classes, seminars and parties. The department is also responsible for maintaining over 250 acres of park land and athletic fields.
The 12 member Parks and Recreation Commission meets on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the Shelton Community Center, 41 Church Street.
The Parks and Recreation Department handles memberships for the pool and fitness room at the Shelton Community Center. They also handle usage of rooms, grounds and buildings including city parks, Huntington Green, Nike Site, White Hills Civic Club, old Intermediate School, Community Center, and War Memorial building. The department also procures school areas for use in evening recreational programs.
Quarterly or Annual Membership required. Current Fee Schedule
Monday - Friday 6:30 am to 9:15 pm
Saturday 8:15 am to 3:15 pm
Pool and Aquatic Programs
Daily Fee or Annual Membership available. Current Fee Schedule
- Pool Schedule (28.05 kB)
- Childrens Aquatic Programs (190.63 kB)
- Spring Little Peoples Aquatics Registration Form (21.3 kB)
- Adult Aquatic Programs (229.08 kB)
- Lifeguard Training Registration Form Form (37.04 kB)
- Lifeguarding Instructor Course (37.55 kB)
- Pool Rules and Regulations (30.86 kB)
- Private Pool Lessons (389.48 kB)
- Water Safety Instruction Course Registration Form (279.16 kB)
- Scuba Diving Lessons
- Contact Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross @ 203-735-9518
8 - Lanes, 25 Yards, 4'-9' Deep
Open Swim - All Ages, Adult Swim – 18 yrs and Older
Lp Swimming - Adults Only
Year Round accessibility for those who walk or jog as part of their fitness program.
H2O Aerobics/Lunch Crunch
Movement to music in the water to improve overall fitness and body toning.
Infant, toddler, pre-school, progressive levels
School & Club Swim Teams - Shelton-Monroe Rapids
Sunnyside Boat Launch
Behind Sunnyside School on the Housatonic River
Permit Required - Obtain at the City/Town Clerk's Office at City Hall
- Community Center Membership Fees
- Membership Registration
- Application for use of the Community Center
- Community Center Gym Schedule
- Advertising signs on the Huntington Green
- Application For use of the Huntington Green
- Shelton Playground Schedule
- Directions to Shelton Community Center
- Skate Park Rules